Rol Eze™ Checklist
NON-FRICTION POWER SYSTEM
This manual to serve as a supplemental guide regarding the Rol-Eze Non-Friction Power System be sure you have read and are familiar with the complete operating manual for the telescopic seating. This guide is for the opening and closing of telescopic seating.
Never allow untrained personnel to operate the bleacher power system. The operation should be by trained personnel only, damage to the bleachers or personal injury could result. Students should never be permitted to operate the bleachers.
Any Telescopic system is a large mechanical devise that requires care and trained operators. We strongly recommend having a trained, consistent crew to ensure long useful life of the equipment.
- Two operators are required for the opening or closing procedure. Station one person at each end of the bank.
- Banks with chairs require three operators. Station one at each end and one at mid-bank.
- Students should never be permitted to operate the bleachers.
Be sure all obstructions have been removed prior to opening or closing. Be sure no one is under or on or around the bleachers during the opening or closing process. Be sure all moving parts, motors, and accessories are free and clear of any obstructions.
Prior To Opening or Closing
Each person is responsible to be sure the area beneath or under the bleachers, on each side, in front of and in back of the bleachers is clear of any obstructions, equipment and/or personnel before operating.
- Be sure the intermediate aisle rails have been removed and/or folded down and do not obstruct the opening or closing.
- Be sure to remove or properly store the front step before opening or closing.
- Be sure any accessories have been removed that could obstruct the process of opening or closing.
- Be sure all rails have been properly stored or removed prior to closing and be sure all rails have been properly set in place after opening prior to use.
During The Operation
Each person is responsible for halting the opening or closing process at any visible or audible signs of danger to personnel or equipment.
- One person is to operate the controller and maintain visible and audible awareness.
- The other person is to maintain visible and audible awareness of the operation.
- The pendant control or switch key on power-operated bleachers should never be left unattended and should be used only by trained and authorized personnel.
Never attempt to continue the process of opening or closing if the bleachers bind or jam or do not track evenly. Stop and check for obstructions, it may be required to reverse the procedure and start again. Do not attempt to force the bleachers. Do not attempt to operate the bleachers if visible or audible problems are present.
The telescopic seating and power system should be inspected and maintained annually, or more frequent as required, and consistent with the usage. Annually, or more frequent as required, check tension on chains and adjust as required. Annually, or more frequent as required, Pillow blocks on drums and drive shaft should be inspected and greased. Gear oil should be changed every five (5) years with 90W gear oil. Annually, or more frequent as required, all nuts and bolts should be checked and tight.